Sara Evans to Kickoff Four-Days of Star-Packed Performances on Chevrolet Riverfront Stage; Artist/Songwriter Eric Paslay Announced the Lineup Via CMA’s Social Networks
NASHVILLE – With nearly 50 artists confirmed, the Chevrolet™ Riverfront Stage will be the hot spot for daily concerts during the 2013 CMA Music Festival, Thursday-Sunday, June 6-9, in downtown Nashville. Fun and family-friendly, the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage is free and open to the public.
The performances on the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage will kickoff on Thursday, June 6 at 10:00 AM/CDT with a high energy show from CMA Award-winning recording artist Sara Evans. 2013 marks the first time Evans has opened the Festival. She has 15 CMA Awards nominations to her credit, including six for Female Vocalist of the Year. She won the CMA Music Video of the Year Award in 2001 for her smash hit “Born to Fly.”
“Sara is the perfect choice to launch the daily concerts on the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage because of her great repertoire of hit music and undeniable connection to our fans,” said Steve Moore, CMA Chief Executive Officer.
The Chevrolet Riverfront Stage is packed with great hit-makers for four days of free concerts. Chevrolet, a valued partner of CMA Music Festival and the Official Ride of Country Music, will once again host a vehicle display at Riverfront Park throughout the event.
The Chevrolet Riverfront Stage artist lineup was announced earlier today by performer Eric Paslay via CMA’s social networks. To view the video visit CMAfest.com.
Artists performing on the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage include Keith Anderson, Greg Bates, Blackberry Smoke, Craig Campbell, Mark Chesnutt, Brett Eldredge, Rachel Farley, Tyler Farr, Colt Ford, Gloriana, The Grascals, Steve Holy, Casey James, Kristen Kelly, Aaron Lewis, Lonestar, Love and Theft, Dustin Lynch, Jo Dee Messina, Ronnie Milsap, Craig Morgan, David Nail, Joe Nichols, Jerrod Niemann, Paslay, Maggie Rose, Corey Smith, Tate Stevens, Sunny Sweeney, Phil Vassar, Chuck Wicks, Gretchen Wilson, and Darryl Worley.
“We strive each year to book an entertaining mix of classic performers, traditional favorites, and up-and-comers to keep the concert experience at Riverfront fresh and exciting for our fans,” said Moore.
Several artists will be making their official debut performances on the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage this year including Bates, Blackberry Smoke, Farley, Farr, Kelly, Lewis, Milsap, Paslay, Rose, and Stevens.
Always a fan favorite area of CMA Music Festival, the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage lineup includes several past CMA Award winners and nominees including (artists appearing are subject to change):
• Anderson – Song of the Year nominee for “Lost in This Moment”
• Chesnutt –CMA Vocal Event of the Year winner for “I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair” (1993); CMA Horizon Award winner (now New Artist of the Year) in 1993
• Ford – Song of the Year nominee for “Dirt Road Anthem” (2011)
• Lonestar – 10 nominations, including seven for Vocal Group of the Year, which they won in 2001
• Love and Theft – New Artist and Vocal Duo of the Year nominees in 2012
• Messina – Six nominations including two for Female Vocalist of the Year (1999, 2000); she won the CMA Horizon Award in 1999
• Milsap – 19 nominations, including four wins for Album of the Year (1975, 1977, 1978, 1986), three wins for Male Vocalist of the Year (1974, 1976, 1977), and an Entertainer of the Year win in 1977
• Nichols – Horizon Award winner (2003)
• Niemann – New Artist of the Year nominee (2012)
• Paslay – Song of the Year nominee for “Even If It Breaks Your Heart” (2012)
• Vassar – Two-time Horizon Award nominee (2001, 2002)
• Wilson – 10 nominations, including two wins – one for Female Vocalist (2005) and the Horizon Award (2004)
• Worley – Four nominations, including two for Horizon Award (2002, 2003)
Admittance to the Chevrolet Riverfront Stage is free, but four-day ticket holders have an exclusive 45-minute, early-entrance window before the gates open to the general public. The Riverfront concerts are a popular destination for families who want to enjoy great musical performances while relaxing on the sloping bank above the Cumberland River.
The concerts are fun in the sun and within easy walking distance of all the Festival event sites, including the all-new AT&T® U-verse® Fan Fair X (FFX) with autograph signings, concerts, lifestyle exhibits, marketplace, live broadcasts, demonstrations, and more in the brand new Music City Center.